125th Year of Swami Vivekananda’s Chicago Addresses.
September 11th happens to be the day Swami Vivekananda delivered his remarkably famous Chicago Speech that is still remembered, even after 125 years, in India and around the world.
On the occasion of the 125th Year of Swami Vivekananda’s Chicago Addresses a program was organised on 11th September 2018 evening, in which 300 students from various schools of Mysuru including some students from our Vidyashala and RIMSE participated. Floral tributes were offered to Swamiji’s statue at Cheluvamba Park after blowing the sacred conch at exactly 3.30 pm. Students were taken to the Ashrama in a procession and selected students recited excerpts from Swamiji’s speeches both in English and Kannada and, elaborated on Swamiji’s participation in The World Congress of Religions held at Chicago in 1893.
Sri Vipul Kumar, Director of Police Training Academy, Mysuru, a very distinguished officer and an alumnus of Deoghar Vidyapith was the Chief Guest for the evening. He dwelt on Swamiji’s contribution to our country and religion and enthused the youngsters to actively participate in nation building activities.
All participants were given sumptuous snacks and a copy of Swamiji’s Chicago Addresses.
The University of Mysuru organised a two day National Seminar under the auspices of Swami Vivekananda Chair on 17th and 18th September in which several eminent speakers as also our Swamis deliberated of the impact of Swami Vivekananda on various aspects of world thought and humanity. The seminar was well attended by academicians and students of the Mysuru University.
Vishwavedike Vijayapatake – A Value Education Program
Commemorationof 125th anniversary of Swamijis addresses at the world parliament of religions , Sri Ramakrishna Ashrama Mysore has undertaken a program Vishwavedike Vijayapatake – A Value Education Program for college students. As on Nov’2018, 1,689 students participated in 6 programs.
- 3rd October: Post Graduate students of Maharani’s College – 222 students
- 4th October: B.Ed trainees of Colleges in Mysuru – 249 students.
- 6th October: B.Ed trainees of Colleges in Mysuru – 237 students.
- 3 November: Post Graduate students of Vidyavardhaka College, Vidyavikas College, Tersian College, Yuvaraja College, Maharaani’s College in which 425 students participated.
- 24 November: PUC (+2) Students of Viveka Vidyalaya, Kalabharati College, Saptagiri College, Orchid International College, Vidyavardhaka College in Mysuru in which 289 students participated.
- 29 November: PUC (+2) Students of Maharani P U College in Mysuru in which 267 students participated.